The February 2012 statistical report by the Realtors Association of Maui for real estate sales in the County of Maui showed strength in the single family home sales, with 77 homes sold in February 2012 at a median price of $535,000 (versus 59 homes sold at a median of $440,000 in February 2011).
For condominiums, the number of sales and also the median price in February 2012 dropped to 79 units sold and median price of $287,000, compared to February 1 year ago when 98 units sold for a median of $371,200.
Land median price in February 2012 was $333,924 with 12 units sold, an increase versus 7 units sold in January 2011. Four of the 12 properties sold were on the island of Molokai, so for the island of Maui, it was actually holding about steady with 8 units sold.
Some median prices of homes sold in several sample districts for February 2012 on the island are as follows:
- Central (Kahului & Wailuku) $372,000 (23 homes sold)
- Haiku $1,082,000 (6 homes sold)
- Kapalua $2,880,000 (2 homes sold)
- Kihei $448,000 (15 homes sold)
- Kula/Ulupalakua/Kanaio $799,000 (3 homes sold)
- Maui Meadows $600,000 (3 homes sold)
- Wailea/Makena $910,000 (5 homes sold)
Some median prices of condominiums sold in several sample districts for February 2012 on the island are as follows:
- Central $110,500 (4 units sold)
- Kaanapali $469,900 (9 units sold)
- Kihei $235,000 (35 units sold)
- Napili/Kahana/Honokowai $292,500 (18 units sold)
- Wailea/Makena $660,000 (5 units sold)